List:       kde-devel
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: khexedit 0.8.3 is ready for download
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-08-20 8:45:41

As usual, khexedit can be downloaded from http://home.sol.no/~espensa/khexedit/
I will upload to ftp.kde.org, but it may take some time before it becomes
available there. The Qt-2x/KDE-2 based version is also in the CVS.

On the homepage, I have three versions: a "kde1" version, a "kde2" version and
a (larger filesize) version with both included.

I am particularly pleased with the HTML export capability. (a rather "sexy"
feature - if that is at all possible with a hex editor :-)
There is a "screenshot" of the exported HTML data at
http://home.sol.no/~espensa/khexedit/htmlexport/index.html
You should adjust the browser width for best result. I have had problems
if kfm is too narrow (same with (a bit old) konqeror)

Here are the full list of changes for this release:

* New feature: Hex/Oct/Bin/Dec/ASCII chart with insert capability
* New feature: Export as HTML (tables, colors, toc page.) WYSIWYG with a few expections.
* New feature: Export dialog improved.
* No more use of getopt_long() because this function does not
   exist in all (supported) OS.
* Backported from Qt 2.x to Qt 1.4x version
-------------------------------
+ Extended "Preference dialog box".
+ Remember cursor position from one session to the next.
+ Clear "Recent" list on demand or on exit.
* Qt 2.x version only
---------------
+ New feature: DnD (XDND) of selected editor data (binary or text)
+ String Extractor uses fixed font again.
+ Bugfix: Quite a number of compiler warnings (with --pedantic)
   removed by Dirk A. Mueller
+ Bugfix: Used the name "export" various places. Not clever since
   it is a C++ keyword. Stephan Kulow told me this.
+ Bugfix: Correct redrawing (and faster) when marked text is unmarked.
+ Bugfix: Avoiding keypress error sounds when Alt/Control/Enter
   etc is pressed in editor area.

--
Espen Sand