List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE1.1.2/PATCH: kfm (#1590)
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-08-19 14:03:42

Greetings,

> > > On Thr, 19 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> > [snapped]
> > >
> > > With your patch it is not possible any more to select text on a web
> > > page. I always get this rectangle. I can select URLs but selecting text
> > > is impossible. (When I navigate to a local HTML filee it works, but
> > > when I select "www.kde.org" in the location bar it doesn't.)
>
> Hi Dawit,
>
> I made some modifications to your patch. This patch should now
> in addition to your patch:
>
> * enable copy&paste with LMB&MMB again
> * Get rid of this nasty rectangle
>
> Your part of the patch already fixed
>
> * Bug #1590
> * Some RMB-menu problems
>
> The patch is against current CVS.
>
> I will submit it to CVS so that it can go into tonights snapshot.
> Please everyone, give it a good test.

Great.  Will test it shortly.  BTW,  we can now easily support a "Cut/Paste"
as well since the text ( "Cut" ) should also have been translated before and the
only difference b/n Copy and Cut is a single flag so that the ::slotPaste() can
determine to either copy or move the selection.  This is why I put the
selection code in a separate memeber function (::copySelection() ).  Should we
add this functionality since it is very trivial to implement ???

Regards,
Dawit A.