On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Werner Trobin wrote: > Hi! > > I'm wondering how to debug distributed applications. I know that I > need gdb-4.18, but how do I start the server or how do I contact it > after kded has started it? I know that gdb can contact running apps > (via their PID) but then I'd have to sleep() in this app for some > time (or have a simple infinite loop) to find the correct PID and > to launch gdb. sorry, but I can't catch what you meen exactly, but if you look for any nice frontend for gdb, you'll just try kdbg or ddd they are really good. ciao norbert weuster -- norbert weuster@etecs6.uni-duisburg.de