On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, you wrote: > Waldo, > > Please try the attached patch instead. the patch is rather large but fixes most > of the nagging issues with Copy/Paste in kfm. That is doing copy and paste > from the Edit menu yields the same result as using the popup menu ALL the time. > Thus, it fixes bug #1590 as well as a couple of others I cannot recall now. > This patch will decrease the kfmview sources by ~ 80 lines of code and the > headers by about half that ... > > Please send me feedback. Also note that I do not know if, assuming we agree > the patch is good, we can commit to the CVS for the next release due to > its size ?? With your patch it is not possible any more to select text on a web page. I always get this rectangle. I can select URLs but selecting text is impossible. (When I navigate to a local HTML filee it works, but when I select "www.kde.org" in the location bar it doesn't.) It doesn't fix #1590. If I select text which contains an URL I get the URL instead of the text. It breaks copy & paste with LMB & MMB. It can very well be that LMB&MMB copy&paste doesn't combine very well with ^C & ^V but that should then be solved KDE wide not only in a single application. Currently you can copy & paste with LMB&MMB _everywhere_ in QT & KDE. KFM should not be an exception to this rule. Cheers, Waldo