List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to debug distributed apps?
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () carinthia ! com>
Date:       1999-08-17 7:19:15

Hi!

I'm wondering how to debug distributed applications. I know that I
need gdb-4.18, but how do I start the server or how do I contact it
after kded has started it? I know that gdb can contact running apps
(via their PID) but then I'd have to sleep() in this app for some
time (or have a simple infinite loop) to find the correct PID and
to launch gdb.

There should be an easier way - maybe you can help me.

Thank you in advance,
Werner

PS: I don't know if max and/or alpha is down (zeus seems to work) or
the mailservers of my provider have got some problems as I didn't get
any KDE-mail since 15.08.99 21:00!