List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE1.1.2/PATCH: kfm (#1590)
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-08-16 18:03:04

Waldo,

Please try the attached patch instead.  the patch is rather large but fixes most
of the nagging issues with Copy/Paste in kfm.  That is doing copy and paste
from the Edit menu yields the same result as using the popup menu ALL the time.
Thus, it fixes bug #1590 as well as a couple of others I cannot recall now.
This patch will decrease the kfmview sources by ~ 80 lines of code and the
headers by about half that ...

Please send me feedback.  Also note that I do not know if, assuming we agree
the patch is good, we can commit to the CVS for the next release due to
its size ??

BTW,  I committed the KURL patch into 1_1_BRANCH only to discover that it broke
kdehelp since it uses an invalid URL format.  I fixed it though and everything
works great again.  Hence my reservation against committing to a frozen
CVS.  Perhaps I should just post it on my kde web site and announce in both
kde-devel and kfm-devel once it is ready.

Regards,
Dawit A.