List:       kde-devel
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: Heading for KDE 1.1.2 release (Week 12)
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-08-12 14:09:23

Welcome to week 12 of our release journey.

Good news today: All critical bugs that stopped us from
releasing 1.1.2 have been addressed, and the icons are almost
complete. A lot of work has gone into the translations
lately. The improved theme manager is now feature
complete. This means that we are really close to a release
now. The current plan is to

release source tgz's	on 	August    30th
release binary rpm's    on	September  6th

Please keep up the good work!

     1. Start of release		Week 1

     2. Application Freeze       	     4

     3. Translations                         6+x
==>
     4. Source release                       8+x

     5. Final release                        9+x

Current estimate: x = 7 weeks

TODO: Finish the icons and themes

Please consider the KDE_1_1_BRANCH to be frozen!

This means that changes to the code are only allowed if

- they fix critical bugs
- they have been approved by at least two developers

Changes that do not match these criteria will be reverted.

Exceptions from this rule are only translations,
documentations and additions by the artists team.

TODO: Test the KDE_1_1_BRANCH

Now that the code is frozen, please check it out and test it
on as many machines and OSes as possible to ensure everything
is working.

Updated snapshots of the current CVS will soon appear on
ftp.kde.org.

Bye,
Matthias.