List:       kde-devel
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: better
From:       Michael Kropfberger <michael.kropfberger () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-08-12 9:30:22

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> As kde-devel seems to have turned into an announcement
> forum recently, I take the occasion to announce the
> next version of ....

The reason why this happened, is because of this strange ANNOUNCE: in
kde-announce...
I hate those generated messages, because the most important part (first few
lines) of those announcements should be the description and not the download sites...
We should maybe add a file like ANNOUNCE to every package uploaded to
upload.kde.org, which contains the developer's thoughts about this release
etc.

what do you all think about it?

bye,
  Mike

--
<      ....need an upgrade to Windoze95 or better? install LINUX!      >
<   To iterate is human, to recurse divine.     -- L. Peter Deutsch    >