List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE1.1.2/PATCH: kfm (Bug #1557)
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-08-11 8:18:44

Dawit Alemayehu wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > >%_Hiya,
> >
> > Please test the following patch.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Waldo
> >
> > -- Bug Report 1557 --
> > package: kfm
> > version: kfm-1.167.2.11
> >
> > the form at
> > just type in "2396" and click submit, i get a Text Editor window, then a
> > "does not exist or access denied" error message
>
> Waldo,
>
> Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between assigning a 0 ( null ) and
> an empty string ("") to QString ???  I am buffled because the QString
> documentation states that they are treated the same ( i.e both the data pointer
> and the length are set to 0 in both cases ).  Am I misreading it ??
Where do you read that? It states definitly, that null is null and "" is
empty.

"A QString that has not been assigned to anything is null, i.e. both the
length and
data pointer is 0. A QString that references the empty string ("", a
single '\0' char)
is empty"

Greetings, Stephan

--
Better give your hours some more life than
your life some more hours. - anonymous