List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: More KURL problems and a PATCH [Was Re: the news-link at www.gnokii.org doesn't work ...]
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-08-09 13:18:59

On Mon, 09 Aug 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Aug 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Sun, 08 Aug 1999, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> >
> > > I have attached a patch below that fixes all of the problems mentioned
> > > here and any others along the same line.  Please test it and let me know.
> >
> > This ++sep-loc is kind of ugly... can it be changed to either
> > (sep_loc+1) or can you increment sep_loc after same_protocol  is
> > initilialised?
>
> Rest of the patch looks good. I hope it doesn't break some obscure
> link types.

It should not.  Well let me rephrase that to I hope it doesn't either.
However,  I have been using the patched version since Saturday without any
problems so far.  I have also thrown at it all kinds of URL combinations I could
come up and it break none of them . But of course there is no way to be
absolutely sure unless more folks apply the patch and test it.

Regards,
Dawit A.