List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Interesting tool
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-08-07 12:45:08

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Rik Hemsley wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 06 Aug 1999, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to make a KDE history brwser which would let you find things
> > > easily in it, too (and for that one I *am* willing to code ;-)
> >
> > Have you seen wwwoffle ? It caches, proxies and does offline browsing. It's
> > also stable, GPL and, er, cool.
> >
> > Some people started work on a front end to it ('koffle'). I suggested they
> > think about trying to get it integrated into konqy. It would beat the pants
> > off the lame stuff in MS's IE.
> >
> > You can tell wwwoffle when you're (on|off)line, so I add 'wwwoffle -online'
> > and 'wwwoffle -offline' to kppp's commands-to-run stuff. Very neat. The
> > only real problem with it is that the history is often huge and not that
> > nice to browse. Even simply adjusting the HTML that wwwoffle generates
> > would make this extremely nice, though I think sticking stuff into a
> > QListView would look better in konqy.
>
> you could make an ioslave for it and list the data via UDSEntries, this
> makes it possible to show the stuff in Konqy as TreeView (QListView) or
> IconView on-the-fly, without actually hacking konqy, but still giving
> access to this history to everyone :-)

Very interesting :-)
BTW: I forgot to mention one of the main reasons why I want this global
history thing integrated with KFM... it would let me know where I was when
my browser crashed (which has happened to me on both netscape and KFM
:-P) because it's very annoying to have your browser die when you are,
say, in result 234 of a search in altavista :-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
An opinion you can't give reasons for is not an opinion worth having (I)