Not sure, but could this have to do with QT/KDE being C++? Remember that the new GCC does not maintain binary compatibility with C++ libraries compiled with other versions. Therefore, if you compiled any of it with egcs or gcc 2.8 then you would have problems. Jon On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Benjamin Scherrey wrote: > UPDATED UPDATE - > > I've uninstalled gcc 2.95 leaving behind pgcc-2.91.66 and it seems to > be building just fine. Is this a problem with kde/qt or the new gcc? > > thanx & later, > > Ben Scherrey > > Benjamin Scherrey wrote: > > > > UPDATE - > > > > I've now completely re-installed my system sans qt and kde thinking > > that perhaps old headers where somewhere getting included. No luck. > > Exact same results. Does *anyone* have an idea of what's going > > on?!?!?!? Has anyone built KDE 1.1.1 with gcc 2.95? > > > > please help! > > > > Ben Scherrey > > > > PS: Is this the right list for this question? Let me know if not. > > > > Benjamin Scherrey wrote: > > > > > > OK - it all started when I was trying to build klyx-0.10.0 and it > > > couldn't find some KDE dialog api methods. Figured maybe my KDE was > > > old so I blew it away and the installed QT and attempted to build from > > > source. D/L'd QT1.44, KDE(base&&libs)1.1.1 and got going. QT is in > > > /usr/local/qt and built just fine. I'm running the new release of > > > gcc-2.95 on a Mandrake 6.0 intel linux box. QTDIR is setup correctly > > > and while trying to build KDElibs (at the libtool step constructing > > > libkdecore.la), it complains about all kinds of QT methods being > > > defined twice and changing size! > > > > > > Any ideas? > > > > > > Ben Scherrey >