List:       kde-devel
Subject:    DONE : dvi/kpathsea update (in 1_1);  shall I do HEAD too?
From:       Duncan Haldane <f.d.m.haldane () mciworld ! com>
Date:       1999-08-04 19:55:30

OK,

the consensus of the kpathsea update thread
seems to be that kdvi is *NOT* likely to get an update
by its author any time soon......  :(

So with Mathias-Hoeltzer-Kluepfel's approval, I have updated
kpathsea in the cvs KDE_1_1_BRANCH.

             Please test!

*** Should I now also update the cvs HEAD branch ?

duncan

ps.

As has bee pointed out, it is also time to improve kdvi with
e.g. multi-page display support.

 Wilbert IJzerman <ijzerman@math.utwnte.nl> e-mailed me that he had been
playing with two-page and color support, and an update to recent xdvik standards,
and got some things working.  He would be interested in working with
someone to get this into the cvs.

Maybe a new kdvi maintainer could step forward if Markku Hihnala is
unable to continue?

E-Mail: Duncan  Haldane <f.d.m.haldane@mciworld.com>
Date: 04-Aug-99
Time: 15:35:26