List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDED - Uninterruptable process
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1999-08-04 19:25:49

Am Mit, 04 Aug 1999 schrieb Leon Widdershoven:
> I can confirm this on Mandrake 6.0 (kernel 2.2.9). Since
> it didnt happen on 2.0.35/2.0.36 this appears to be a
> kernel bug.
> It happens especially if you kill X while there are processes
> running; an uninteruptable IO process.
>
> The bad part is that this process is never killed and causes
> the filesystem to be not-unmountable. Meaning an fsck
> process at startup:(

Same base system, same kernel. Have you tried 2.2.10/2.3.x ?
--
Michael Koch

KDE fan, enthusiast and developer

student of computer science at university of applied sciences of Darmstadt, Germany

koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de, mkoch@mail.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de
http://www.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch