List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: TinyMICO
From:       Matthias Elter <me () main-echo ! net>
Date:       1999-08-04 12:53:43

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Aug 1999, Matthias Elter wrote:

> >> faster sounds good :)
> >
> >"MICO specific" sounds bad.
>
> I think it's preferable for KDE to choose something mico specific which is
> faster than something non-mico specific which is slower.

Yes I agree with you, I just wanted to tell Dirk that speed is not the
only factor that has to be considered. KDE is so closely tied to MICO
(just think of the BOA and POA implementation in KDED) that it already
_is_ practically impossible to use a foreign ORB for KDE apps right now.
So why not use special features MICO offers.

Greetings,
Matthias

--
Matthias Elter