List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: khexedit
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-08-04 10:58:57

There is one thing I would like to get reports about (good or bad)
One person has reported to me that the labels and text
of the conversion field are clipped in various places
(like this: http://home.sol.no/~espensa/conversion.gif )
I have not been been able to reproduce that myself.

And please remember to tell me the Qt lib version that is used.

There are still plenty of things I will work on:

* An ASCII/bin/hex/oct/dec chart/list
* Drag selected data like in QMultiLineEdit (but as encoded data of course)
* Perhaps a calculator.
* Column offsets (quite a bit of redisign will be required).
* A record viewer (define record/struct and then, from the cursor location fill
it with data - something I often need when debugging things and dont want to
do the conversion manally over and over)
* Extended encoding capabilities (a person is working on this)
* Perhaps the ability to display 16-bit characters (unicode) in the ACSII area.
*Once the QWorkspace is stable I will see how MDI works (as an option of
course) (makes comparing of files easier)

--
Espen Sand, Research Scientist
Norsk Elektro Optikk A/S, http://www.neo.no