List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KAppletViewer
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-08-03 12:15:17

Lars Knoll wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> looks great. Are you planning to move libkdejava and the server to kdelibs
> at some point? I'd love to use the appletwidget for khtml.

Yes, of course. Waldo said he'd do the khtml changes, so a konqi with
java support should appear at some point. I am planning to try to hack
the old khtmlw to add support to the 1.1 branch (unless someone else is
willing to do it?).

The appletviewer itself is mainly intended to be a test bed for the
code.
It doesn't use all the features yet, but it has already helped me find
some minor problems. I think the API will probably be changing in minor
ways for a while yet, so it makes sense to keep it in the kdejava module
for now. I'll make the code more widely available by making a snapshot
when I check in the appletviewer, this should give people without CVS
access a chance to play with it.

Rich.