List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: MiniSTL
From:       David Black <davidb () sco ! COM>
Date:       1999-08-02 13:58:10

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Kurt Granroth wrote:
> >
> > weis@trollinger-fe.rz.uni-frankfurt.de wrote:
> > > in order of saving looooots of memory and getting more
> > > speed in compiling I switch to ministl now.
> > >
> > > That means that people using KOM/OpenParts/KOffice may
> > > no longer use STL until Kay Roemer (or I) put ministl
> > > in its own namespace.
> > >
> > > So have a mico with ministl prepared :-)
> > >
> > > Compile mico with
> > >
> > > --disable-static --enable-shared --disable-coss
> >
> > Is this still valid?  Should we still use ministl or did that go away when the
> > KOffice DOM hack didn't quite work?
>
> koffice definitly needs real STL, so I changed the MICO check
> to require it in all modules or the confusion will never end :)
> But Simon just told me, that kdelibs compiles fine with ministl

	I really am confused. A while back I spent ages getting mico
to compile under UnixWare. After battleing with it for ages I tried to
to compile base and was told to reconfigure mico with mini stl. This
is a complete no go at the moment. Mico just will not compile
for me with those options. So I gave up. Why do we need an instistence
on mini-stl?

	D.