List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Memory question
From:       Leon Widdershoven <l.widdershoven () fz-juelich ! de>
Date:       1999-08-02 7:43:14

From the Qt documentation (qdialog.html):
main()
{ (Open 1)
<snip>
	Modal m;
	if ( m.exec() ) { (Open 2)
	// ok was pressed, then fetch the interesting dialog data
	} (Close 2)
<snip>
} (Close 1)

In this example, Modal m; is not created using new, and will thus
be deleted when it runs out of context. Since it is opened after
(Open 1) it will be deleted automatically at "} (close 1)".

If you want it to be deleted after (Close 2) the you should write the
following:

Modal *m = new Modal;
if ( m->exec() ) {
	// Use m;
}
delete m;

Regards,
Leon

--
In a world without walls and fences,  l.widdershoven@fz-juelich.de
who needs Windows and Gates?          Institute of Plasma physics (IPP)