List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: locate and default return value
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-08-02 9:26:11

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when locate()/findResource() can't find the desired file, it returns
> QString::null - can't we give it an additional parameter to be returned
> then? Just like KConfig does.

It seems like an ok suggestion at first glance, but findResource is
supposed to return a full pathname. If the actual name didn't come up
with a path, what is the chance of the default param being correct? I
would guess < 5%...

If you can give us a few examples though, maybe it will become clear why
you need it.

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Univ of Melbourne	The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"