List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Is namespaces required?
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-08-01 20:59:44

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Espen Sand wrote:

> F**. I had hoped I could compile up khexedit with the latest
> version to ensure everything worked before I committed it this
> evening..
>
> BUT:
>
> In order to get kdebase working it seem I need kdesupport
> working first (some odbc).  Well, in kdesupport configure gives:
>
> checking whether the C++ compiler (g++ -D_GNU_SOURCE -O2) has correct
> exception handling... yes checking whether the C++ compiler (g++ -D_GNU_SOURCE
> -O2) supports namespaces... no configure: error: g++ does not support namespaces
>
> I this really necessary? It is getting more and more difficult to get anything
> working here. Until I met the odbc wall in kdebase I had to manually install
> the following headers from kdeui into <KDE>/include :
>
> klineeditdlg.h kurlcompletion.h kcursor.h kwizard.h kpixmapeffect.h kcontrol.h kthemebase.h
> kcolordrag.h kdbtn.h qxembed.h kkeydialog.h

Oh, two questions in one ;-)

1) Namespaces *are* required - it's used by the CORBA stuff

2) I never experienced your described problems of wrong/not installed
   headers for kdelibs - strange :-}

> WHAT do I have to remove from kdebase makefiles to avoid kdesupport
> dependency?

I'm not sure I understand :-] . I think if a package like kdebase depends
on kdesupport that's normal/ok

Bye,
 Simon