List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: (p)gcc-2.95 compile problems ...
From:       Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel () lauterbach ! com>
Date:       1999-08-01 10:56:38

>> Hi,
>>
>> - use KDE-1.1.2pre (older versions are not gcc-2.95 safe)
>
>        thats what i use

OK.

>> - recompile qt-1.44 (shouldn't be necessary, just to be sure)
>> - recompile and install kdesupport-1.1.2pre and kdelibs-1.1.2pre first
>
>        i recompiled evrything in order .  qt , kdesupport . but i cannot
>        compile kdelibs . kdetoys , graphics get compiled well ....

Hmm, strange. I use the usual build procedure out of the RH6 spec files:

export KDEDIR=%{kdeprefix}
./configure \
        --prefix=%{kdeprefix} \
        --with-install-root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT \
        --disable-path-check
make KDEDIR=%{kdeprefix} CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" CXXFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -DNO_DEBUG"

and had no problems with kdelibs at all.

Hmm, I vaguely recall similar stuff, but I don't remember the exact
circumstances.

Maybe some more details will help:
- which platform?
- where is your KDEDIR located? is it already populated?
- where are your qt inlude files and libs located? and which directories does
KDE's configure script detect?
- which binutils version are you using?

Franz.

PS. please keep me on CC, I'm not subscribed.