List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail and pgp signing: walking in small circles
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-07-31 10:54:52

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, Kurt Granroth wrote:
(...)
>The way I've seen to handle PGP and sig files is to break up the sig
>delimiter just before signing.  The normal "-- " becomes "- -- ".  I'm
>thinking that PGP 2.6 does that automatically.. but I could be totally wrong.
Yes when PGP handles the message itself, it escapes all lines beginning with "-"
with an "- ". This works well except that it makes whole message unreadable
(i.e. without clear text) if there is any non-us-ASCII characters.

Current way (stripping trailing whitespace and gluing signature to message
works well.

 --
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org