List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail and pgp signing: walking in small circles
From:       Jeremy Blosser <jblosser () firinn ! org>
Date:       1999-07-30 19:51:58

Sven Radej [sven@lisa.exp.univie.ac.at] wrote:
> My problem is: there is no mail application I could compare KMail to (I am
> going to check Empath sources now). All others Pine, Mutt XFmail either do the
> method 1 or use some obscure filters (whic do not work in Pine 4.1). I did
> browse the Web, Usenet, even mailed to one PGP guy (but, before reading the
> license: no support for freeware) I didn't find anything usefull.

Hrm.  I've not been monitoring this whole thread... but Mutt's PGP/MIME
implementation has been tested by use by a whole lot of people in many
different countries (the primary developers are in Germany), and I've never
heard this kind of complaint.  It works fine.  The main complaint we get
is that it doesn't do the old-style sig/encryptions natively, but 1) that's
a different issue, 2) it's done that way in Mutt cause it fixes a lot of
the old-style problems 3) if more MUAs used PGP/MIME we wouldn't get these
complaints :)

You should check out RFC 2015.  Also perhaps join the mutt-dev@mutt.org
mailing list.  You could even ask your questions on there, though I'm not
sure how much you'd get answered if it's not Mutt related.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   jblosser@firinn.org   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/