List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: LinuxWorld Award and KDE-2.0
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-07-30 17:50:50

Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> Can somebody who is working on the mentioned classes please comment on that?
> I mean, maybe me and Reginal are just too stupid to type urls, but these
> basic things look pretty broken, and I honestly doubt that they worked for
> anybody when they have been commited.
>
> Basically, it's a bad idea to check a kconfig in that doesn't even load config
> files, or a URL class that can't parse http://www.kde.org. Just stating "these
> things work for lots of people" doesn't really help us writing software based
> on the kde libraries.

OK, I tested all you said would be broken and all works fine here.
What's currently
broken is the background pixmap in kdesktop (I really miss the pix that
is meant
to show up, but transparent konsole emulates it's there ;) and embedding
in konqueror.
But don't ask responsible for that ;)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Better give your hours some more life than
your life some more hours. - anonymous