List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Single instance only applications
From:       Paul Campbell <paul () taniwha ! com>
Date:       1999-07-29 17:46:47

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Carlo Robazza wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have been given the task of ensuring that kcontrol and its associated
> modules can not be run in multiple instances. I am planning on using
> lock files but there are a few problems with that method and would like
> to get your opinions.

I did a thing called KUniqueApplication a while back - reception was lukewarm
with some people suggesting that I abstract out the Unique part and I
never followed through - it's still at:

	http://www.taniwha.com:80/~paul/kde/kuapp.html

Do people think I should pull out the unique part and somehow add it to
the 2.0 libraries?

	Paul