List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS module listing?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-07-29 14:52:48

David Sweet wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>
> > David Sweet wrote:
> >
> > > Take a look at the KDE Developer's miniHOWTO.  It takes you through all of
> > > the basic CVS tasks including getting an account, retrieving a module,
> > > etc.
> > >
> > > It's at developer.kde.org and also at http://www.chaos.umd.edu/~dsweet/KDE
> > Maybe one day you'll explain to me why you've add the paragraph that
> > motivates
> > people to send me mails with passwords with nothing but "CVS access" in
> > the
> > subject.
> >
> > Greetings, Stephan
>
> Hmm..I guess I expected them to politely ask you for CVS access in the
> body of the message.  That is the correct procedure, isn't it?

Well, the fact is I do not give CVS access away unless I see a good
reason
and know the guy either from my own mail readings and code reviews or
because
someone else points me to him. So you have two chances: first, to remove
the
whole paragraph and second, write that I need to have good reasons to
give him
that. ;)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Better give your hours some more life than
your life some more hours. - anonymous