"José Carlos Santos Ruiz" wrote: > > El Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Leon Widdershoven escribió: > >Stephan Kulow wrote: > >> > >> Ming Poon wrote: > >> > > >> > Hi folks, > >> > > >> > I was just informed by our UI design team that the word 'Trash' and the > >> > Trash icon are trademarks of the Apple Macontish and cannot be used. As > >> > Apple can go after us (Corel) legally, we will be changing some of the > >> > problematic icons in our version of KDE that may have certain legal > >> > implications. For the Trash, we are thinking of using the word Dumpster > >> > and a dark green Dumpster icon. Any thought on this icon and stupid > >> > trademark issues. Thanks. > >> > > >> You can trademark words? I don't think so. And the icon is not even > >> borrowed > >> from Apple. The only thing the can have trademarked is the service, but > >> then it doesn't help you to call it different. > >> > >> Greetings, Stephan > > > >Sorry, but you CAN trademark words, sentences and parts thereof. That's > >really no problem. The problem is that people really do it. > > > Yes, i.e. Intell start calling to their processors "pentium", and not > i586 because of any other can call to their processors 586. Don't you remember > there war an i486, an AMD 486, etc, but there is only one Pentium, one Pentium > II...? > Hmm, what does Pentium mean in english? I doubt you can trademark "processor" Greetings, Stephan -- Better give your hours some more life than your life some more hours. - anonymous