List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: LinuxWorld Award and KDE-2.0
From:       Uwe Thiem <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       1999-07-29 11:54:32

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> Congrats, fellow developers!
>
> we won the Linux World 1999 Editor's Choice Award in the category Desktop
> Environments.

We did not. Not yet. We are one finalist. GNOME is the other.

> Our main competitior, ude (see http://www.ude.org ), didn't get any price this
> year, neither did eXode (see http://simplicity.net/exode/ ). Gnome got the
> price for their window manager "Englightment". This is really admirable, given
> the fact that E isn't even a part of Gnome and its author is everything else
> but a Gnome ;-)

Nope. The combo GNOME/Enlightenment is a finalist. Same for the combo
KDE/KWM. At least, that is what the web page says. Or do you also assume
that KDE has become a finalist due to KWM only?

Let's save the champagne for August 11 when the winners will be
asnnounced.

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel: +264 - 061 - 244511
P.O.Box 30955                                    Fax: +264 - 061 - 244511
Windhoek                                         Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Republic of Namibia                                           uwe@kde.org
                                                       http://www.kde.org