List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: KDE 1.2-Preview: eyecandy.png
From:       "Glen Parker" <glenebob () nwlink ! com>
Date:       1999-07-28 7:07:13

> > perhaps "file purgatory" would be good, or "cyberlimbo." with an icon
> > that depicts stephen hawking.
>
> how about "Bit Bucket"   =)

Cute!  Make it an option for us technical types ;-)

My favorite so far has been 'wastebasket'.

I don't like garbage, and especially dumpster, because they are readily
associated with filth.  Dumpsters always stink.  A wastebasket OTOH seems
'clean', at least to me.  I think people would find the idea of a dumpster
rather repulsive.

Actually, I've become quite comfortable with 'recycle bin', but I don't know
if MS has registered that or not...

Oop, I just came up with one... how about 'attic'?  A cvs term sure, but it
makes sense - an attic is where you put things you don't use but aren't
quite committed to throwing away just yet - which is exactly what the trash
thingy is for.

 --
Glen Parker
glenebob@nwlink.com