Sven Radej wrote: > > On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Ming Poon wrote: > >>Hi folks, > > > >I was just informed by our UI design team that the word 'Trash' and the > >Trash icon are trademarks of the Apple Macontish and cannot be used. As > >Apple can go after us (Corel) legally, we will be changing some of the > >problematic icons in our version of KDE that may have certain legal > >implications. For the Trash, we are thinking of using the word Dumpster > >and a dark green Dumpster icon. Any thought on this icon and stupid > >trademark issues. Thanks. > > So that is why MS has "Recycle Bin". I always wondered... Guess we should name > it "Garbage" and make icon as pile of trash(tm). Problem is that the band named > Garbage might sue us. > > Or name it "Trash(tm)" with tooltip "Trash is trademark of Apple Inc." > > Well, both proposals are not really usefull.. Garbage should be ok. Especialy since the so-called band doesn't make computer desktops. Cheers, Waldo -- The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"