List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.2-Preview: eyecandy.png
From:       Leon Widdershoven <l.widdershoven () fz-juelich ! de>
Date:       1999-07-27 16:18:05

Ming Poon wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I was just informed by our UI design team that the word 'Trash' and the
> Trash icon are trademarks of the Apple Macontish and cannot be used. As
> Apple can go after us (Corel) legally, we will be changing some of the
> problematic icons in our version of KDE that may have certain legal
> implications. For the Trash, we are thinking of using the word Dumpster
> and a dark green Dumpster icon. Any thought on this icon and stupid
> trademark issues. Thanks.

How do the Windows people call it? I thougt they also use Trash...

But if Trash is not allowed, Garbage would me more logical, well, at
least
more intuitive. Besides, I didn't know the word Dumpster (nor does my
dictionary,
though it knows what a dump is:), so Dumpster would not be optimal for
non-native
english customers...

Maybe a less flashy name like "To be deleted" would also be OK. It would
be
more honest in any way.

Just my 0.02=C= (how does one make a Euro...),
Leon

--
In a world without walls and fences,  l.widdershoven@fz-juelich.de
who needs Windows and Gates?          Institute of Plasma physics (IPP)