List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMaili pgp sign problem - HELP
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-07-26 15:39:47

>On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Daniel Naber wrote:
>>On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Sven Radej wrote:
>>
>>I hope this wasn´t introduced with my patch that appends the sig with
>>"-- " instead of "--" (note the space). End of line space might
>>be changed by some of the involved transport programs...
>
> I don't see how can this make any harm. But on the other hand I
> don't know what could possibly cause this bug.

The "-- " (dash-dash-space) is really causing the problem - removing the space
either by typing or changing kmail source solves the problem. So in worst case
I will commit this "fix". But before that, I'll try to see where is the
real source of problem.

Does anyone know how and why pgp5 escapes/changes the "-- " string? Maybe it
tries to avoid signing the sig? ("signing the sig" - this sounds good. Hope you
know what I mean :-)

 --
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org