List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: themes -- backing out thereof
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-07-25 21:45:17

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, dep wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
>
> |If you want only play with themes (and forgwt real configs done
> |meanwhile):
> |
> |cp -r .kde kde-orig
> |cp .kderc kderc-orig
> |
> |Then when you end playing, you delete .kde and .kderc and copy the "orig"
> |files instead.
>
> well, yeah, i kind of figured that. i was hoping for something a
> little more specific, which is to say a list of the config files
> themselves that are changed. i had hoped that this could be a little
> bit more surgical. ~/.kde here is about 18 megs. i cannot imagine
> that themes alter everything therein. i'm hoping to make a little
> script that will do this, so that we can all of us toy with themes in
> total safety.

well, I can attempt a list, but you'll see it's not that easy:

~/.kderc
~/.kde/share/apps/kwm/pics/*
~/.kde/share/apps/kdisplay/color-schemes/*
~/.kde/share/config/desktop*
~/.kde/share/config/kwmrc
~/.kde/share/config/kcm*
~/.kde/share/config/kfmrc
~/.kde/share/config/kdisplayrc
~/.kde/share/config/kpanelrc
~/.kde/share/icons/*

This is a minimal list. As you see, there's not much left outside :-)

Cristian