On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Pietro Iglio wrote: > >Have you thought about how apps should add themselves to the menu during > >installation? Up till now it was enough to put the .desktop file in the > >right directory. > > Using batch features of the menu editor (that I'll add). > For example, assuming that the .desktop files have been copied in the right > dir: > > kmenueditor --add Konsole.desktop MyUtils/Shell/ > kmenueditor --remove Konsole.desktop MyUtils/Shell/ > kmenueditor --move Konsole.desktop MyUtils/Shell/ MyUtils/ I think this is a very bad idea again. Am I alone? This is getting rather needlessly complex and messy. --- Preston Brown Systems Engineer pbrown@redhat.com Red Hat, Inc.