List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Need linking expert!!!!
From:       Peter Putzer <pputzer () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-07-23 14:01:44

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Michael Koch wrote:

> Am Fre, 23 Jul 1999 schrieb Leon Widdershoven:
> > The type_info stuff typically looks like compiling with
> > different compilers and/or not using RTTI when compiling
> > libpq++.
> >
> > Were all the libraries compiled with the same compiler (options)?
> > (I think there is an option -fno-rtti which could be responsible
> > for this).
>
> Found my fault: wrong compiler. egcs 1.1.2 is incompatible with pgcc 1.1.2

It is? *wonders*

Are you sure about pgcc's version (1.1.2 was released, but didn't even
compile correctly, so 1.1.3 was put out a short time after that)?

Unless you used some fancy options, egcs and pgcc (with the same
version-number) ARE completely compatible, binary-wise. REALLY! (I have
some a mixed setup working at home)

Peter