List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KOM Events
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-07-21 9:18:11

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, David Sweet wrote:

> In Torben's KOM/Open Parts document he talks about the ability to use
> event filters to create a macro record.  Is this meant to imply that all
> X11 event do/can/will pass through KOM in such a way that we could filter
> them?  Or will KOM::Base-derived objects only get events they invent/name
> for themselves?

KOM events have nothing to do with x11 ones.

You normally send events via EMIT_EVENT (which indirectly calls
destination_object->receive()) . This makes the destination object pass
the event through all (there) installed event filters and then finally
(if it wasn't filtered out) hands it over to KOMBase::event, which you
should re-implement if you want to receive events properly.

Hope this helps,
 Simon