List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Krash release (was Re: last style from Mosfet)
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-07-19 14:07:46

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> Mosfet wrote:
> >
> > On the subject of the "Krash" release, I was talking to a few other developers
> > and it seems the general feeling is September is way too soon. There is too
> > much to do first before the system becomes remotely usable to non-developers...
>
> The release is meant for developers not for non-developers.

Sorry, this is not true. The developers are using cvs or cvsup. The only point
in making a public release is for users.

> > People are working very hard, but so far it has been implementing new things -
> > not stabilizing things.
>
> The name 'Krash' should give a hint wouldn't it?

Not nearly enough of a hint. How about "There is no use for any user to
download this".

> > I think making any type of public release in September
> > is only asking for lots of trouble.
>
> If there are specific issues which you (or anyone) want to address before
> the Krash release I would like to hear about it.

Perhaps very little works without crashing would be a good place to start.

mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com