List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DOM?
From:       <weis () trollinger-fe ! rz ! uni-frankfurt ! de>
Date:       1999-07-19 8:01:49

Hi,

DOM has nothing to do with CORBA.

DOM is the document object model which is used by the new
XML parser. That means koml is dead, we use something better now
in KOffice.

And while I had to do so many changes, it appered to be a good idea
to switch to mini-stl which has a smaller memory footprint in the
resulting executable and allows the compiler to be faster since
the compiler does not need so much memory. That should help on slower
machines especially.

It is the first step on the way to tinymico ...

Bye
torben