List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: ODBC support libraries in kdesupport
From:       Peter Harvey <pharvey () codebydesign ! com>
Date:       1999-07-18 16:25:27

> Well this is not quite right. The unixODBC driver manager
> was a ODBC 3 driver manager from the outset. It has never
> been a 2.x DM, thats why we started work on the project.
>
> It includes all the 3.x to 2.x translation as specified in the MS
> ODBC 3.5 spec, and is an attempt to replicate the 3.x support
> enjoyed by Windows programmers. It supports the full 3.x API
> and should allow both 3 and 2 applications to function with 3 and
> 2 drivers. If it doesn't let me know and we will fix.
>
> Thread support is now present in the CVS version from
> http://www.unixodbc.org, and once I have finished adding
> autoconf, automake support, this and a few bug fixes will be
> released as a beta 1.6 (should be within the week). I will then
> upgrade the code in the KDE release to match.

Lars,

thanks for your work in getting the release together!!!

All,

I will be complimenting the work by both Nick and Lars by putting the
unixODBC - ODBCConfig program into kcontrol. I am already working on
this...

I, and I presume Nick, will be eager to assists anyone who intends to
develop ODBC solutions on KDE... questions on how to get started? Just
post a message here and we will help you... problems using ODBC in KDE?
Again, post a message here and we will probably resolve the problem very
quickly.

Later...

Peter