List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: gcc-2.95 vs. KDE_1_1_BRANCH
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-07-16 12:07:45

Franz Sirl wrote:

> Wow, thanks. This leaves only the kmix problem and the gcc-2.95 bug
> triggered by krn/aboutDlg.cpp. For the latter there's an easy workaround,
> just put the first arg into extra parentheses, but I don't know if you
> accept such specific compilerbug workarounds in your code.

Ahhh, that one. QColor(QRgb()) made the same trouble in kspread. We had
to add extra parentheses for egcs in past, eg. in WIFEXITED((status)).
Upon query one of the egcs guys told me that this isn't likely to be
fixed anytime soon :(.
Since it doesn't inflict any performance or readibilty penalty I think
it is okay to put the parentheses in. Will do that in a few minutes.

Regarding your other reports: the address is submit@bugs.kde.org. See
http://bugs.kde.org for further information on how to submit (it's the
standard system from Debian).

Harri.