List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Linux for the Masses and the Experts (was: Worth reading...)
From:       "John Zedlewski" <zedlwski () Princeton ! EDU>
Date:       1999-07-15 16:29:59

> the browser is everything! every view/edit program should be embedded in
the
> browser...

I hate to bring up an old, worked-over subject, but this browser comment
reminds me: is anybody actually thinking about moving the Gecko layout
engine to KDE/KFM?  I mean, I've been really impressed by KFM's rendering in
recent releases, and I actually use it as my main browser (because Netscape
on Linux is just TOO bloated), but things like JavaScript, DHTML, DOM, Java
embedding, Flash, etc., will quite likely never make their way into Konqy.
Has there been any recent investigation of this, now that Gecko is actually
usable?

Thanks!
--JZ