List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE_1_1_BRANCH: found something again... KPanel (I think)
From:       iglio () fub ! it (Pietro Iglio)
Date:       1999-07-15 8:33:55

At 11.30 15/07/99 +0200, you wrote:
>I can confirm this. Second ESC never closes the menu.
>This is especially fun when autohide is activated.
>
>On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Stefan van den Oord wrote:
>>
>>I'm sorry, but that's not true. I can hit ESC as many times as I
>>want, but the K menu does not disappear.

I guess that happens because kpanel has no focus. If you click anywhere
on the panel, it gains the focus again and will close the menu.

The problem could be solved setting the focus to the panel when nothing
is active, i.e. when the user clicks on the desktop.

Furthermore, when the kmenu is open, autofocus should be temporary disabled.

-- Pietro