List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: RFC: new KPanel application menu
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-06-15 4:13:51

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, pbrown@redhat.com wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Pietro Iglio wrote:
>
> > I already tought about that. DND in the k-menu is very useful, but a nightmare
> > for beginners. I would add an extra option "Use middle button to drag in the
> > K-menu". What do you think?
>
> Not in favor.  I would rather use the left mouse button plus some key
> modifier to indicate a drag.  Middle mouse button *NEVER* means drag
> anywhere else.

Not to be off topic here, but there indeed is a MMB drag in kpanel.  At least
in the current version, you can drag the icons on the panel with the middle
mouse.  IMHO, I think leaving the MMB would not cause any problems for those
who are used to it.  I use this feature in kpanel frequently and like it better
than having to deal with keyboard mouse combination such as Shift/Ctrl-LMB.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Regards,
Dawit A.