List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kpanel tool tips
From:       Robert Williams <rwilliams () jrc-utah ! com>
Date:       1999-07-14 16:25:43

Robert Williams wrote:

> I added some code to not display tool tips for kpanel.
> I noticed that showToolTips() should work but does not
> for some reason.  I was still getting tool tips even if
> menu_tool_tips=-1.
>
> Was this the right way to fix this?

Well they still pop up if I change desktops.

in kpanel_events.C

QEvent::MouseMove
    menu_tool_tips_disabled is set to false

why is it set to false if the mouse is moved?  Should
..._tips_disabled only be used if the user selects  to use
or not to use tool tips in kpanelrc?

--
Robert Williams        rwilliams@jrc-utah.com
Jarob Consulting       rwilliams@kde.org