List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: End of the single vs. double click discussion
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-07-14 6:44:42

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Bjoern.Kahl wrote:

> >> Ditto about krn.
> >
> > And kdm.
>
>   Hallo !
>
>   I really wonder what is wrong with that.
>
>   I have read most of this thread, but still don't know why it is
>   so difficult:
>
>   Singleclick selects something, doubleclick perfroms an action
>   on one (or more previously selected) item(s).
>
>   When ever you have a button, you *select* that button (and its
>   option - of course) -> SC (closing a dialog, switch some thing
>   on or off ...).
>
>   When ever you have one or more items (like files in kfm or
>   users in kdm) you may select an item (SC) or perform an
>   action on it (DC) (e.g. in kdm it could be: SC: write username
>   in usernamefield, DC: try to log on, using current contents of
>   passwordfield)

What's the point of selecting one (and only one) file on kfm?

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
An opinion you can't give reasons for is not an opinion worth having (I)