List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: new class KDesktopFile (kdelibs/kdecore/kdesktopfile.*)
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-07-13 16:43:19

iglio@fub.it (Pietro Iglio) wrote:

> Please checkout and let me know what do you think.

[I've just browsed the header file]

basically: great stuff, the only issue is ::isDesktopFile(). that
method shouldn't look at the extension, we already discussed that.

there should be a fastisDesktopFile() which uses the extension and a
"normal" isDesktopFile() which performs the check by reading the first
two lines and checking for the usual kdelnk/desktop pattern.

(everything above: imho)

--
Dirk A. Mueller