List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: new KPanel application menu
From:       John Corey <whoop () mtco ! com>
Date:       1999-07-13 15:51:09

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Waldo Bastian wrote:
> >

> > And it will be added again once another application is published?
> > Why not create a .desktop entry for the application with a flag
> > indicating that the user doesn't want to see this application?
>
> I don't think, that's a good solution. When the sysadmin installs
> a broken .desktop file I may disable it for me as it doesn't work
> anyway. But if the sysadmin installs a working version, I want to
> try it at least :)
>
> Greetings, Stephan

Then, we'll have to pop up a dialog when it's noticed that says
basically, "The following .desktops have changed, what do you want to
do, Merge, Overwrite, Ignore?"

On the merge subject, some sort of diff GUI dialog would be needed,
telling the user what has changed and deciding if they want to have the
changes made in their personal entry.