Stephan Kulow wrote: > > Waldo Bastian wrote: > > > > Lars Kneschke wrote: > > > > > If root is changing his Panel-Menu, he changes teh other users > > > menu also. Maybe such persons should have a option to make the > > > changes global or personal. > > > > No.. normal changes would be saved in the directory provided by > > locateLocal() (e.g. /root/.kde) Only if he chooses to 'publish' > > the change, it would change the (default) settings of the other > > users as well. > > Yes I think, publish is a good idea. > > Greetings, Stephan Then we get into, publish where when there are multiple KDEDIRS? Make sure to check if there are multiple writable directories, and then provide a list if necessary.