List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: new KPanel application menu
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () max ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-07-13 14:44:35

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 pbrown@redhat.com wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>
> > BTW: a much can be gained in .kde size when [did you mean "if?"]
> > Kconfig wouldn't save entries there when they're the same as in the
> > global config.
>
> I fixed this last week.

I wasn't talking about a bug. I mean for example kwm always uses
writeEntry after readEntry to tell the user what can be changed.
But if every application would do that, it would fill the file system
unacceptably and would introduce a lot of redundant informations.

So somehow KConfig could prevent kwm from writing redundant informations
:)

Greetings, Stephan